Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jewish Journeys: Weekly Newsletter

Dear Friends,

Forgive me for not sending a notification earlier in the week...I'm afraid I've been a bit busy!  But the schedule for this Shabbat is the 'normal' one:

-Friday evening 6.30PM @ the Levy's:  service followed by dinner.  $15 per person donation except members.

-Saturday morning 10.00AM @ Southport QCWA Hall:  service.  $15 per person donation except members.

After the service last Saturday, a number of us went out together for lunch at the Great Greek Cafe in Southport.  All agreed that it was a worthy venue for lunch after the service:  $20 ffor two courses, including a glass of wine, friendly staff and a lovely garden in the back.  My guess is that, for those wishing to go out together, this will become our 'regular haunt.'

Hebrew classes start up this week:  Intermediate Biblical Prayer Book Sunday morning 10.00AM at Reva's home; Basic Hebrew Reading Monday evening 7.00PM at the Levy's.  Contact me for additional information.

I have two people interrested in the short class 'As Kosher as You Wanna Be'  I was going to do this three consecutive Wednesday evenings starting this week, but we could work out some other arrangement.  Maybe next Shabbat afternoon, after the service?  Let me know if you're interested, and if so what sort of schedule will work for you.

Hope everybody's had a good week and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and Saturday!

Rabbi Don

No comments:

Post a Comment