Monday, September 22, 2014

Recent Comments Removed

If you follow my blog and noticed comments which were recently submitted and which I published and then responded to them, then you may have noticed that I have removed them.

I welcome you to use 'comments' to ask questions, request clarifications, and respectfully offer dissenting views.  In that spirit, I recently published the comments of two individuals.  This, even though in the case of one of them, I didn't really think an open blog was the appropriate venue for the conversation.  But I was limited by the anonymity of the comments, I assumed they were sincere, and I felt I should  respond...so I responded publicly, the only way available to me.

Yesterday, an additional comment submitted by one of the individuals convinced me that the two were not at all sincere.  I therefore went back and removed the comments.

I challenge 'Elkanah' and 'Mystic' to contact me privately to discuss anything I've posted here, or really anything at all.  Do e-mail me, but do not do so anonymously.  If your enquiries are sincere, and I am able to have a civil conversation with you, I will be happy to post here the essence of the conversation on your request, keeping your identities private if you wish.

I do, however remind you that it is now the eve of Rosh Hashanah, and I will thus be rather busy during the next three days.

Shana tova umetukah,

Rabbi Don Levy

No comments:

Post a Comment