Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm Now Podcasting!

Since my arrival at Temple Shalom, I've been pretty good about getting my sermons written out verbatim so that I can share them with you, principally through this Blogger site.  But sometimes that doesn't quite work out.  It all began two weeks ago tonight, on 19 July, when we decided not to install our new board so I did not give the installation drash that you saw here in my blog.  Instead, I went off-script, giving a drash that night that was completely extemporaneous.

If you've ever done public speaking regularly, you know that sometimes your best work is done off-the-cuff.  Several people thought that my drash on 19 July was one of my better ones, and someone asked me to share the script with them.  How embarrassing to admit that I didn't have it...that I barely remember what I said that night.

And that's when it hit me; I should digitally record my sermon deliveries and save them on a podcasting site.  That way, if I go off-script, what I say will be saved.  And even if I don't (go off script), perhaps some will prefer to listen to my drashot rather than read them.  So I'll continue to post my drashot to this blog as I have been, but I'll also post them to my podcasting site.  If a particularr drash doesn't make it to one place, it will at least make it to the other.

So, dear reader...this is to let you know of the launching of my podcast site, which can be found at http://www.buzzsprout.com/15521.  In fact, my drash from last Friday night (not found on this blog as I was off-script again) is already up.  Enjoy, and please feel free to offer feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment